Here you’ll learn what agricultural economics is and its importance. More and more students want to study a degree in Agricultural Economics, also called Agribusiness. The trend has got to do with two significant developments:
· There is an increased need for experts in agriculture
· Agriculture studies are popular again
This is because people pay more attention to what products they buy and consume. Eco and organic food is that the new trend and customers have begun to avoid products that contain GMOs (genetically modified organisms) or harmful chemicals.
This is where you come in! By pursuing a Master’s degree in Agribusiness, you’ll discover the management, marketing, and financial side of agriculture and also the food industry. Interested? Then let’s take a glance at the highest reasons to study a degree in Agribusiness.
Before moving forward, here are some universities for agricultural economics studies:
· Kansas State University, the US
· HAS University of Applied Sciences, Holland
· University of Nicosia, Cyprus
In this article, let us look at:
- Agricultural economics jobs offer job stability and security
- Agricultural economics job Salaries
- What will you learn during an Agribusiness degree?
- How to apply for an agricultural economics course abroad
1. Agricultural economics jobs offer job stability and security
Agricultural economics has been continuously developing and evolving. As new technologies, methods, and approaches are implemented, companies need knowledgeable and reliable people that can oversee the business and decision-making processes. These are most required for Agricultural economics jobs.
Future Agricultural economics graduates will gain essential skills and knowledge, such as:
· Overseeing the event of latest products and services
· Maximising profits
· Planning and investing
· Working with quantitative and analysis tools
· Solving complex management and planning issues associated with agriculture
Careers include high responsibilities, and you’ll be able to guarantee your job stability by developing the mandatory skills to form yourself valuable and indispensable.
2. Agricultural economics job Salaries
Agricultural economics salary is highly paid. Employers are willing to pay lots of cash to those who take their agricultural or food distribution business to the following level. Let’s have a look at a number of the foremost popular Agricultural economics jobs with an Agribusiness degree; we’ve also included the typical salaries within the United States:
· Agribusiness Manager – 79,000 USD/year
· Agribusiness Analyst – 51,000 USD/year
· Ranch Manager – 45,000 USD/year
· Production Supervisor – 59,000 USD/year
· Financial Analyst – 60,900 USD/year
You’ll be able to easily change the direction of agricultural economics careers because the other business area or industry can make use of the abilities you develop during an Agribusiness study program:
· People and time management
· Quantitative analysis
· Understanding of complex problems that affect the underdeveloped nation
Since an Agribusiness degree approaches all the business aspects of agriculture, it’s easy to determine how you’ll use that knowledge to form your own start-up or eco-friendly farm. There are many options to think about.
3. What will you learn during an Agribusiness degree?
A Master’s in agricultural economics takes business-related skills and knowledge. The Agribusiness syllabus includes business planning, statistics, marketing, and management and applies them to agriculture. You’ll learn about:
· Agricultural marketing: the way to sell and promote agricultural products
· Farm and ranch management: the way to organise farm work smoothly while also increasing production
· Agricultural finance: when and the way to take a position in agriculture in order that you increase revenues
· Environmental economics: the way to improve the efficiency of agricultural businesses without having a negative impact on the environment
· International agricultural trade: a way to sell and promote goods on markets from other countries
4. How to apply for an agricultural economics course abroad
You should know that so as to be eligible for an agricultural economics course. The types of agricultural economics are bachelor’s and master’s. The requirement varies from one university and country to a different. You must submit the required documents for your application, which generally include:
· Copy of official diplomas from previous schools or universities
· Copies of the corresponding lists of grades (transcript of records)
· Internationally recognized certificate of English proficiency (e.g. IELTS or TOEFL)
· Letter(s) of Recommendation
· Copy of your credentials
· Copy of ID or passport
While these are standard requirements, you must always check the applying process section on the web site of your chosen Agribusiness program. Some requirements might differ from country to country or from university to college.
Other possible admission requirements could be:
· Previous work experience
· Letters of recommendations from professors, employers, or both
· Filled-in standard application form
Once you have got everything covered, you’ll submit your application directly through the university website or via a national digital university application system. After that, you already know what follows: anxiously looking ahead to your acceptance letter. But it’ll be worth it!
Technology plays a giant role during this ongoing evolution. Many companies are already engaged on systems and machines which will revolutionize the way to grow our food:
· Agricultural drones
· Autonomous tractors
· Robotic harvesters
· Automatic watering and seeding robots once you’re accepted, an exciting journey will start, which is able to not only be about studies and academic recognition and agricultural economics careers, but also about self-discovery, exploring a brand new culture, and making new friends.