Duolingo English Test is an innovative and unconventional certified English language test designed to let the test takers attempt the test from anywhere and at any time. The latest version of the Test was released on July 15, 2019. Unlike the opposite popular English language tests like IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, the test takers needn’t visit a particular test centre to require the test. Once the test certificate is released, it is sent to multiple institutes where the Duolingo Test certificate is accepted. Presently, the Test is accepted at over 3,000 institutes worldwide for admissions.
In this article, let us look at:
1. What is Duolingo English test?
Duolingo English Test is meant on demand for admissions at different universities abroad. The test is exceptionally useful during unpredictable times like that of COVID-19 because it gives students the flexibleness to require the test anywhere without fear of traveling to the test center.
The Duolingo Test may be a secure and transparent test, designed using Artificial Intelligence and Data Forensics technology to take care of the transparency of the test. While taking the test, the face and ears of the test-takers must be visible, he/she cannot have communication with anyone else, he/she cannot look from the screen and he cannot leave the test window on the net browser for any reason. All of these are detected by Expert human proctors, with the assistance of AI.
Here are the major highlights of the Duolingo Test.
|No of attempts
|10 – 160
|Institutions accepting Duolingo English Test
|Adaptive test (45 minutes)A video interview (10 minutes)
3. How to Take The Test?
Taking the Duolingo Test is a simple process. All you wish to try is to visit the official website of the Duolingo English Test and click on ‘take the test’ to register for the test. Enter the mandatory details and login for the test. You have to pay the Duolingo Test Fee and book your exam. The setup required to require the test is mentioned below:
· A computer/laptop with a front-facing camera, speaker, and microphone.
· A good stable internet connection
· You will need a passport, driving license, or government ID to aim the Duolingo English Test.
Additionally, candidates must pay the Duolingo Test Fee of $49 before starting the Test. Make sure you attempt the test during a quiet and well-lit room and there’s no disturbance for an hour till you complete the test. Duolingo test validity is for two years.
4. Why Should I Take The Test?
You can think about taking the Duolingo Test if it’s accepted at the institution of your choice where you would like to require admission. However, there are numerous reasons why you must take the Duolingo Test as explained here.
· The Test certificate is accepted at over 3,000 institutions in countries just like the USA, UK, UAE, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, etc.
· You can take the test anywhere with a laptop or a computer with an honest, stable internet connection.
· The Duolingo Test fee is a smaller amount, compared to other tests. The one-time fee for the Test is $49.
· The test results were released within 2 days of taking the test, thus giving students more preparation time for the Duolingo English Test.
· You can send the Duolingo English Proficiency Test results to each school on your list with none extra charges.
· The Duolingo Test is secure, transparent, and convenient to aim. The mixing of expert intervention and therefore the use of advanced technology like AI and Data Forensics makes the test easy to require while also making it secure and transparent.
Before giving the exam it is always good to practice the Duolingo English practice test and know the test pattern. You should practice the test format to score well and secure admission in a good university.