There are plenty of varied kinds of short courses and degrees offered by universities and platforms around the world. So it’s important to grasp the various study offers so as to form informed decisions about which sorts of short courses to decide on. One new kind of online short course is Micro-credentials, designed and provided by Future Learn.
In this article, let us look at:
- What are Microcredentials?
- What are the benefits of studying Microcredentials?
- Types of Micro-credentials
- How much do Micro-credentials cost?
- Are Microcredentials worth it?
1. What are Microcredentials?
Microcredentials are specialized online-only short courses offered by FutureLearn, that help students develop their professional skills and academic knowledge in a very short amount of time.
Microcredentials are offered in cooperation with certified universities and colleges just like the Open University, University of Kent, Monash University, Deakin University, University of Glasgow, and others. Industry giants like Cisco Systems, the Royal Photographic Society, or AWS also provide Microcredentials training.
Micro credentials courses are specifically designed for professionals who want to advance their knowledge and fill in gaps in their resume, without having to place their career on hold so as to review a classic Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. It’s a time-effective study option that focuses on a specialized topic, so you’ll start on applying what you learn as soon as possible.
Microcredentials in higher education, an honest thanks to better understand a subject or subject and choose if you wish to review a full Bachelor’s or Master’s degree for it. Students will receive a certificate as proof of completing their Microcredential studies.
2. What are the benefits of studying Microcredentials?
Micro-credentials meaning is a short course designed to study online. Here are some reasons to think about applying for one:
· Affordable – Regular academic degrees, even online ones are often quite pricey, while Micro-credentials are just a fraction of the value, in some cases 10 times cheaper, or maybe more cost-effective.
· Accessible – Micro-credentials are taught fully online, so you’ll study from anywhere within the world. In some cases, you won’t need prior experience to use.
· Efficient – Micro-credentials can take a maximum of 12 weeks to complete, so you’ll be able to rise up to hurry on a topic in a very very short time.
· Trusted and quality education – Because they’re offered by renowned and accredited international universities and industry experts the content of the courses is reliable and relevant.
· Modern learning style – Learn through storytelling furthermore as practice-based exercises, assignments, and tutor assistance.
· Advance your career – Microcredentials are offered by certified universities and colleges. The certificate you earn is used for both academic and professional purposes. Receive training from industry professionals like Cisco Systems, the Royal Photographic Society, Amazon Web Services, Salesforce, and more.
A way to search out if a subject interests you – Micro-credentials are excellent thanks to see if a particular subject fits your interest. If you prefer it, you may double down and also study a full degree on the topic. The credits you earn from Micro-credentials are recognized by universities.
3. Types of Micro-credentials
There are 2 styles of Micro-credentials: undergraduate and postgraduate. Postgraduate Micro-credentials take between 10 and 12 weeks to complete and frequently require you to own a Bachelor’s degree. Some work experience associated with the Micro-credentials is additionally expected.
Undergraduate Micro-credentials are shorter (4-5 weeks) and typically don’t expect you to own any prior experience within the field. They’re more like introductions to the themes.
4. How much do Micro-credentials cost?
Micro-credentials from Future Learn cost between 500 and 1,215 EUR. Prices include the complete program experience and therefore the official certificate you receive at the tip. Costs vary looking on the Micro credential duration and on whether the course is at the undergraduate or graduate level.
5. Are Microcredentials worth it?
Yes, Microcredentials are definitely worthwhile if you’re someone who fits their target market. they provide great flexibility, are inexpensive, don’t take plenty of your time to complete, include official certifications and support from international corporations and prestigious universities.