when studying abroad, a number of official documents proving the admission of prospective candidates to certain programs are provided. From offer letters, final admission letters to CAS Letter are offered to the students. CAS or Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies letter is not given to the student, instead, prospective students are required to apply to receive this letter.
Here is what you need to know about Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies Letter.
1. What is a CAS Letter?
A CAS application form is what you get from your UK university if you are applying to a course. Your University will provide you with the option of applying for CAS letter . This letter will have all the necessary information about your program and your financial situation. In order to apply for a UK student visa, one must send a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies letter to an approved UK university.
The letter of acceptance is a letter that says what the steps are in order to get a visa. Once you have accepted the offer letter, your University will send your Certificate of Admission for foreign applicants through the main email you provided at registration. Tier 4 Student Visa applicants should also have a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies letter.
2. What Information does CAS Letter Contain?
In a normal CAS letter, a number of important personal details of the student will be given. The letter will also have the course and enrolment details in a particular university in the UK. Here are a few things that can be found in a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies Letter:
- A Unique 14-digit CAS Number, that will help the relevant bodies to find official documents supporting your claims of being enrolled in a university in the UK.
- Title of the course you are enrolled in.
- The total duration of the course, including the start and end dates.
- The total or first-year tuition fees for the relevant course under a recognized UK university.
- Tuitions fees that have been paid by you to the university.
- Additional fees, such as accommodation fees that also have been paid.
- English Proficiency Test scores such as IELTS and TOEFL will also be included.
- The Sponsor License Number of the university that you have chosen as your study abroad university.
3. Things You Should Know
There are certain points that all international students who wish to study in the UK must know. Here is what you need to know about the CAS Letter:
- If you have applied to many universities in the UK and have been accepted for admissions, you will be allowed to send only one CAS Letter from one university. In other words, you can not submit separate CAS letters from different colleges.
- Once you have submitted a CAS letter from a particular university, all other Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies Letters and admission offer letters will stand obsolete as you will be given a Study Visa to study at that particular university only.
- Once you receive your Student Visa, you will be required to study at the university from whom you availed the CAS Letter.
- In other words, when you submit the CAS Letter, you have selected the university and course that you wish to study in the UK . You will not be allowed to study any other subject at any other University in the UK.
For international students studying in the UK, the CAS Letter is required when applying for a student visa. When you apply for a student visa, make sure you have selected the course and university that you wish to be enrolled in. This will help you in your future career, and each UK university will give help in this matter. However, in cases where you are required to apply for the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies Letter, the University you have chosen will specify the steps and procedures that you need to complete in order to receive the unique CAS Number and be able to apply for a Tier 4 Student Visa in the UK.