International students planning to study MBA in Canada because of its strong and various industries across the country. There are many colleges and universities in Canada to study MBA. Toronto being the financial center attracts a range of international students. The best MBA programs along with specializations are found in Canada. Here are the top reasons to study MBA in Canada:
- Affordable Fee
- Quality of Education
- Value for Money
- Easy Visa Process
In this article let us look at:
- Types of MBA in Canada
- Eligibility to study MBA in Canada
- Requirements to study MBA in Canada
- Cost of MBA in Canada
- Universities in Canada
- Scholarships for MBA in Canada
- Scope of MBA in Canada
1. Types of MBA in Canada
- The duration of the MBA course is 2 Years.
- It is designed for students who solely devote their time to study.
- They are required to meet the requirements of the program to secure admission to the university or college.
- The duration of the course is longer when compared to the full-time MBA course.
- It is usually 3-6 years long, depending upon the university or college.
- The MBA course is designed for students who cannot study on campus such as working professionals.
- The duration of the program is usually 13 months.
- The course is designed for individuals with a managerial level of experience seeking professional development.
- The applicants are required to have at least 8-10 years of experience.
2. Eligibility to study MBA in Canada
International students should fulfill the requirements to study MBA in any college or University in Canada.
Degree: Must have a 4 years undergraduate degree from any recognized institution
Work Experience: Must demonstrate relevant work experience as required by the university
English Language Proficiency: Students from Non-English speaking country such as India needs to show the English language proficiency by taking any of the English tests such as IELTS, TOEFL or PTE.
GMAT: A good score of GMAT is required to secure admission to a top University or college in Canada to study MBA.
MBA in Canada without GMAT
Most of the Universities in Canada ask for GMAT Score as a part of the application process. However, there are colleges and universities which make admission decisions based on analytical thinking, decision making, communication skills, and leadership skills through their education and work experience.
3. Requirements to study MBA in Canada
The whole application process takes a few months. You should be ready with the required documents ahead of 15months of the targeted intake. Here is the list of the required documents to apply to for any MBA college or MBA University in Canada.
Transcripts: These are the documents that show the complete academic record.
Letter of Recommendations (LOR): These letters are from individuals who evaluate the candidate professionally or academically. YOU should submit at least two LORs.
Resume: One-page record of academic and professional qualifications.
Work Experience: Documents demonstrating the work record
Statement of Purpose (SOP): SOP or an admission essay is one of the key elements of the application. It helps to evaluate the candidate.
GMAT Score Card
IELTS Score Card
Financial Documents: These documents are required to demonstrate the financial ability of a candidate.
Visa Documents: It is a part of the visa application process.
4. Cost of MBA in Canada
The country offers a quality lifestyle by providing various benefits. The cost of studying in Canada is segregated into three types namely pre-arrival costs, course fees, and cost of living.
Pre-arrival costs include application fees, exam fees, and airfare.
The cost of an MBA in Canada ranges from 35000 CAD to 89000 CAD. The average MBA Tuition fee is around 30000 CAD to 40000 CAD. This means an MBA in Canada for Indian students costs as low as 19 lakh INR and as high as 50 lakh INR.
There are the cheapest MBA options for International students in Canada. The course fee for MBA might cost around 9000 CAD to 11000 CAD which is equal to 7-10 lakhs INR.
Cost of Living
The cost of living in Canada includes rent, transportation, medical insurance, food, and mobile bill. It costs around 25000 CAD-27000 CAD per annum.
PS: The living cost varies from individual.
5. Universities in Canada
Canada is one of the leading destinations in the world. The most popular Canadian provinces welcome international students every year. The provinces like Ontario, British Columbia, Quebec are home to the well- established MBA universities. 9 universities from Canada are among the top 150 universities for MBA, as per QS World University Rankings. 26 universities in Canada feature in the QS World Ranking and 30 Universities in Times higher education world rankings. The top universities in Canada are The University of Toronto, the University of British Columbia and McGill University make it to the ranking list every year.
The MBA colleges in Canada have innovative and updated programs. The most evolving programs and curriculum with more than 480 industry partners ensure you receive the most up-to-date training. Also, you can experience the real world before you graduate. There is a unique blend of academic and practical skills training where you can experience hands-on training on real-world projects. The best MBA colleges offer Co-op, internship, and work placement opportunities as well.
Here are some of the popular MBA specializations.
- International MBA
- MBA in Finance
- MBA in HRM
Apart from these, applicants also look forward to applying for accounting, marketing, business analytics, supply chain management, and hospitality and tourism management.
6. Scholarships for MBA in Canada
The cost of pursuing an MBA costs a hefty sum. MBA scholarships for international students can bring down the financial burden. Here are a few scholarships mentioned:
- Ontario Graduate Scholarships: This scholarship funds students at the Masters’ and doctoral levels. It is a merit-based scholarship offered in the Ontario Region.
Value: 15,000 CAD
- Rotman School of Management Scholarship: It is offered to students from Rotman School of Business, University of Toronto. All applicants are automatically eligible for the award.
Value: Up to 30,000 CAD
- Sauder School of Business Entrance Scholarship: It is offered to students with a holistic approach which includes parameters such as GRE/GMAT to select them.
Value: Up to 15,000 CAD
- Alberta MBA Scholarships: It is open for students studying at the Alberta School of Business, University of Alberta. The school considers academic excellence, GMAT score, and excellence outside the classroom.
Value: 10,000 CAD
- Ivey MBA Scholarships: The award is based on merit.
Value: starts at 10,000 CAD
- Haskayne School of Business Scholarships: The merit scholarship is based on GPA and GMAT Scores
Value: 11,500 CAD
- Schulich School of Business Scholarships: The scholarship is based on merit.
Value: Up to 33,000 CAD
7. Scope of MBA in Canada
There is a surfeit of chances to get a job for MBA graduates in Canada. Jobs after completing MBA can be found in the fields mentioned below:
- Accounting and Consultancy
- IT services
- Health industry
- Oil and Gas
- Legal Jobs
Moreover, there are other fields such as technical management, project management, sales, and marketing where graduates can find ample opportunities. The average salary after MBA starts at 60000 CAD and it goes high up to 150K CAD.
Canada with an immigration-friendly policy, multicultural society and most importantly being an international student destination offers enormous opportunities to MBA graduates in top-notch companies, SMEs, and Startups. Studying in Canada is totally worth it!