STEM degree programs are among the highest courses opted by international students as a result of the scope, advantages and job opportunities they provide. Know all about studying STEM degree courses abroad and what stem degree is here.
Among all courses that international students like better to study abroad, STEM courses are the foremost preferred choices. STEM degree programs are the courses offered by various universities and colleges within the field of Science, Technology, Engineering and arithmetic. Several academic disciplines fall into the STEM degree list category like Astronomy, Aerospace Engineering, engineering science, engineering science, Mathematics, Biology, Statistics, etc.
Although STEM is the most preferred course to check abroad, many aspirants get discouraged quite easily to pursue it from an abroad university as a result of various reasons like lack of appropriate information, cost of study, the fear of additional semesters for program completion, etc. However, what the STEM aspirants miss out on are the benefits of studying STEM courses from universities abroad.
If you’re curious about pursuing a STEM degree from abroad then the subsequent information will facilitate you to take care about your choices and guide you to decide on the STEM course and country for higher studies.
Eligibility to study STEM Courses Abroad
Candidates looking to earn STEM degrees from foreign universities must bear in mind certain things within the first place. Firstly, the prerequisites and admission process for STEM courses varies country wise. Here we’ve taken samples of the highest three countries to grasp the eligibility criteria to use for STEM courses
Admission Requirements for bachelor’s degree in stem
Following is that the procedure to use for STEM courses at the undergraduate level:
- Must have passed 10+2 in Science stream with PCM or PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Biology) from a recognised board of education. Biology is mandatory for Biotechnology courses.
- Must have taken the SAT and obtained a minimum of 1200 on the test. However, some universities have gone test-optional amid the pandemic.
- Must have taken one in every of the accepted West Germanic proficiency tests like the TOEFL, IELTS or PTE Academic.
- Must have obtained 6 on the IELTS, 80 on the TOEFL or 50 on the PTE Academic.
- The first step towards applying for a STEM degree admission is to require entrance exams just like the SAT and TOEFL or IELTS.
- Apply to universities in line with their fee, scholarships, entrance examination scores accepted, experience and various other criteria.
- Submit all the important documents.
- Send the doorway test scores to the university.
- Write your statement of purpose (SOP) with a little bit of research about the university you’re applying to and explaining why you would like to require admission to the program (your choice of STEM degree) offered by the University.
- Submit your admission application request and wait until the feedback is received from the University regarding the identical.
- Letter of recommendations(3 x Nos)
- Degree/Provisional Degree
- Mark sheets/academic transcripts
- Test score reports
Admission Requirements for stem master’s degree
Following is that the procedure to use for STEM courses at the postgraduate level:
- Must hold a degree in a very relevant field like a three-year baccalaureate in Science honors for programs in Science; four-year academic degree in any technological or related field for programs in Technology; four-year baccalaureate in any Engineering or related field for programs in Engineering; and three-year academic degree in Mathematics for programs in Mathematics.
- Must have obtained a minimum GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale in baccalaureate.
- Must have taken the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) although not all grad schools ask for GRE scores.
- Must have taken an accepted English proficiency test among the TOEFL, IELTS or PTE Academic.
- Must have obtained no but 6 on the IELTS, 80 on the TOEFL or 50 on the PTE Academic.
- Many universities also require STEM applicants to possess work or teaching experience within the field.
- Shortlist universities and check their respective eligibility criteria for a stem degree in usa.
- Take the desired exams including the GRE, TOEFL, IELTS and/or PTE Academic.
- Apply to the colleges.
- Submit all the desired documents and pay the desired application fee.
- After being accepted, which is able to be notified through your registered email, apply for scholarships, education loans and type your finances.
- Apply for visa.
- Letter of recommendations (3 x Nos)
- Degree/Provisional Degree
- Mark sheets/academic transcripts
- Updated CV
- Employment certificate, if any
- Test score reports
Advantages of Studying STEM Courses Abroad
Over the past few years, there has been a steep rise within the number of scholars showing interest in pursuing STEM courses from abroad. One explanation is that various countries have noticed the shortage of qualified graduates who can combat the shortfall of the capable workforce that led them to ask students from all across the planet to go for STEM degree programs offered at universities or colleges. Here are the advantages of a stem degree abroad over a stem degree in India.
Every activity revolves around Science, Technology, Engineering and arithmetic, which is why the importance of STEM courses has been noticed by students, professionals, entrepreneurs, scientists and technologists from across the world. Most experts state that students should be allowed to explore STEM and its concepts to enable them to become passionate and push them to require employment in an exceedingly STEM field.
The other advantages why you’ll consider applying for a STEM degree abroad are as follows:
- STEM degrees abroad introduce the scholars to the newest technologies from the very beginning which train them to seek ingenious solutions once they confront real-world problems.
- Students are taught by trained experts and academicians who are obsessed with their areas of study and aren’t exposed only for their paychecks. This passion rubs off on the scholars, benefiting them immensely in future.
- Students shouldn’t anticipate a particular period to start out applying their knowledge. They are allowed to begin working immediately after obtaining their degrees as they’re encouraged to “Learn by Doing” rather than simply following lectures and books.
- STEM jobs are highly competitive and even during an epidemic crisis like Covid-19, finding employment means standing out from the group. A world STEM degree means the candidates bring a spread of qualities to the table like the flexibility to figure on a world scale, communicating cross-culturally, comfortable in travelling, etc. Such attributes are more valued by companies which supply the international STEM degree holders a position over their competitors/peers.
- In today’s world, companies have become more open-minded and thus they work with various international agencies to remain ahead within the neck and neck race. The whispers about creativity and innovation have now become louder.
Popular Universities Abroad Offering STEM Courses
Here is the list of popular universities with stem designated degree program list from abroad universities:
- Concordia University Chicago
- Louisiana State University
- Western Michigan University
- California State University – Fresno Campus
- Auburn University
- University of South Florida
- Saint Louis University
- University of New Hampshire
- University of South Carolina
- New Jersey Institute of Technology
- University of Central Florida
- Pace University
- George Mason University
Scope of Studying STEM Courses Abroad
Today, wherever talks regarding innovation and creativity crop up, the STEM field professionals are always included. International experience for STEM students always paves the way for creating connections and growing a network. Here are the best jobs for the stem degree list.
|STEM Jobs||Average Salary in the US||Average Salary in the UK||Average Salary in Canada|
|Information Security Analyst||$72,078/-||£33,045/-||C$69,904/-|
|Systems Software Developer||$1,09,890/-||£31,189/-||C$70,281/-|
With the reasons discussed above, you can choose to study a STEM degree abroad for a better career.