In 2019 alone, Germany welcomed a complete of 280,002 international students with 17,294 students from India. With a large spectrum of choices, Germany is taken into account one in every of the foremost popular study destinations not only in Europe but also across the planet. The QS World University ranking 2022 features 45 German universities, out of which make the highest 250.
The universities in Germany have two intakes: summer and winter intake in Germany. Although the bulk of international students choose the winter intake, a good number of students apply to universities for the summer intake in Germany, a reason that is typically attributed to smaller class size. Read on as this article takes you through a close timeline for the summer intake in Germany.
About Summer Intake to review in Germany
- Here are the essential highlights of the summer or April intake in Germany:
- The Summer Intake in Germany begins in March/ April and therefore the application period runs from early December to 15th January.
- Classes within the Summer intake are much smaller as compared thereto of the Winter intake. This also means there’s comparatively less competition among applicants within the Summer intake in Germany.
- Summer intake in Germany comes with one more advantage of extremely pleasant weather.
- Universities usually transmit letters of acceptance in August/September or in February/March. Rejection letters might take a bit longer.
Step-by-Step Guide for the Summer Intake in Germany
Now that you simply have made up your mind that the summer intake in Germany is that the right intake for you, here you’ll be able to get a concept of the timeline and also the steps that you just have to follow while you’re at it:
Step 1: Choose a Course and University- June
The first step to studying in Germany is, in fact, the foremost crucial step, when making a decision every other step that follows:
- Courses are offered at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels in no but 68 subjects. Additionally, German institutions also boast of short and online courses in varied fields. The identical data also reveals that international students can select from quite 150 German cities to check in.
- While very limited undergraduate programs in Germany are taught in English, few could also be taught in both German and English.
Step 2: check up on the Eligibility Criteria and Take the desired Test(s)- July to Aug
In Germany, every university is autonomous, meaning each university would have a distinct set of admission requirements. However, the essential eligibility criteria are as follows and submit the application before the deadlines for summer intake in Germany:
- For Bachelor’s programs, students from IB or Cambridge Board can apply directly whereas those from the state or CBSE will need to pass the qualification assessment examination called Feststellungsprüfung, which tests your proficiency in subjects that are important for your chosen degree program. Those who have cleared the IIT JEE Advanced or completed a one-year Bachelor’s degree in India can apply for admission to Bachelor’s degree programs in Germany.
- For Master’s programmes, you want to hold a four-year Bachelor’s degree. Further, you’d have to submit lots of tests like GMAT/GRE/IELTS/TOEFL.
Step 3: Plan your Finances- Sep to Nov
To study in Germany, you must submit proof that you just would be able to manage around 9,000 Euros for each year. The living cost within the country may vary from one city to a different. However, a foreign student in Germany spends nearly 860 Euros each month for subsistence, including housing, food, insurance, clothing, and study material and leisure activities. Try the typical cost of living in Germany.
And as education within the country is subsidized, you’d either need to pay a really low fee or no fee in any respect. You can, nevertheless, apply for scholarships offered by the country for study in the slightest degree levels.
Step 4: Apply to Shortlisted Universities- Dec to Jan 15
You must ensure that you simply apply to your list of summer intake universities in Germany. A minimum of six weeks before the application deadlines of the universities. Usually, applications for the Summer intake in Germany have to be made by January 15. Having said that, the deadlines could also be different for every university or course. Here is that the list of documents that you just are generally asked to submit while applying to Germany universities together with an application fee:
- A certified copy of a high-school diploma or previous degrees and other academic certificates (if any)
- An overview of the course modules and grades (translated)
- A copy of passport
- A passport photo
- Proof of language proficiency (a test certificate)
Step 5: Obtain a Student Visa- Dec to Jan
Here, merge the fourth and fifth step! With getting a German student visa being a critical step, attending to it faster will make the method smoother. The interval for a German student visa is around 20-25 days.
For Indian students, there are two visas:
- Student Applicant Visa (Visum Zur Studienbewerbung) – for people who want to review in Germany, but still haven’t yet been accepted to a German university.
- Student Visa (Visum Zu Studienzwecken) – for people who have already received the confirmation letter from the university.
To apply for a German visa, you’d should submit documents like a legitimate passport, two photos, invitation letter, proof of economic means, round-trip ticket, proof of accommodation, travel itinerary, etc.
Step 6: explore for Accommodation and Enroll- Feb 2022
This is one in every of the foremost important belongings you have to know when moving to a unique country. Handle your living situation way before you depart for Germany. The foremost student-oriented cities within the country include Heidelberg and Freiburg, which can be slightly dearer than other cities.
In German universities, you must re-register before starting every semester, which can involve additional charges. You need to also enroll before you begin your course with documents like passport with visa or residence permit, passport photos, a duly filled registration form, proof of upper education entrance qualification, the notice of admission, and more. Upon enrolling, you’d receive a registration certificate which they’ll sit down with as a provisional student ID.
Step 7: prepare for Your Departure- March to April 2022
With everything in situ, you’re set to plan your departure and book your flight tickets. now could be after you must even have a glance at the coed life in Germany, the utilization scenario while studying/ post-graduation work opportunities, and other things which may get on your checklist.
Popular German Universities for Summer Intake
Here is the list of summer intake colleges in Germany below:
|Name of University||Location|
|Berlin School of Business and Innovation||Berlin|
|University of Law, GISMA||Berlin|
|University of Applied Sciences, Europe||Iserlohn, Berlin and Hamburg|
|Humboldt University of Berlin||Berlin|
|University of Hamburg||Hamburg|
|Technical University of Berlin||Berlin|
|Hamburg University of Technology||Hamburg|
|Braunschweig University of Technology||Brunswick|
|Munich Business School||Munich|