There are two intakes in UK. There is a process to be followed to get into the UK intake- September. The steps here are mentioned for September intake UK.
- Start early and by August, shortlist 8-12 universities that you wish to apply to.
- Check the uk universities for September intake.
- Visit university websites and check the application requirements, deadlines etc.
- Be familiar with bank loan options and scholarships to fund your studies.
- Start working on UCAS admission form (for UG courses) and college applications (for PG courses).
- Do some initial research on various accommodation options.
Crack the exams: June 2020 to December 2020
- Prepare for the standardized tests like GMAT, GRE,TOEFL or IELTS – depending on the course and university and the uk intake. As few universities might change requirements.
- Register for GMAT/register for GRE, Three months before the test date
- Register for TOEFL/IELTS at least a month before the test date.
- Take the required tests around September. Plan for additional time in case you need to retake the test.
Application time: August 2020 to November 2020
- Shortlist the colleges and prepare for your application for UK September intake. Think hard about what makes you unique as an applicant and sketch out your strengths and self-assessment.
- Contact your professors and direct managers for the required 2-3 reference letters. At least a month before your application deadline. Check the deadline timetable!
- Begin drafting your SOP and essays. Give a month’s time to structure these documents properly.
- Apply before the deadline of the September intake in UK.
After Applying: December 2020 to April 2021
- Don’t delay replying to college e-mails. If there is a delay you might miss the september intake UK.
- You would need to pay a non-refundable deposit to confirm your admission. Depending on the deadline, notify the universities of your decision
- Schedule your personal/video interviews. These are scheduled around January to March.
- Once you get acceptance letters, make your decision as soon as possible.
Visa and money matters: May 2021 to July 2021
- Search for and begin applying for external scholarships (if applicable).
- Apply for a student loan, after you get your acceptance letter.
- Gather paperwork for your student visa.
- Follow the uk september intake news so that you’ll be updated regarding the processing and visas.
- Apply for a student visa in time. Keep in mind the time taken for visa processing!
Get ready to fly: July 2021 to August 2021
- Book airline tickets.
- Arrange for an International Debit/Credit card.
- Collect all the documents and their photocopies, to take along.
- Check out the Pre-departure checklist!
Follow these steps and guidelines so that you’ll not miss the UK intakes. Check here For more details about the UK.