One of the foremost attractive destinations for instruction among Indians, Canada is home to several popular universities that supply different degrees and programs twice a year. The primary intake in Canada takes place during September of an educational year while the second intake is January intake in Canada in an academic year.
While most students are able to take admission within the first intake for the tutorial year, few are unable to try to do so thanks to various reasons, which might include delayed documentation processes or release in scores and academic qualifications. The January Intake in Canada has been positioned as a method to permit students to still apply for admissions and not waste another year thanks to technical difficulties.
The January Intake in Canada is sometimes called the Winter Intake and lots of students who skipped over on the autumn Intake in Canada, can use this chance to continue their study abroad aspirations.
Let’s try the timeline that you must follow so as to make sure of successful admissions to the January Intake in Canada before the deadline for January intake Canada.
Timeline for January Intake in Canada
In the case for Fall Intake in Canada, application forms and admissions processes start as early as a year before the particular deadline for submission of completed application forms. Therefore, if you’re inquisitive about pursuing instruction within the country, you need to begin your application processes as soon as possible.
One of the primary steps you want to take is to verify the deadlines for submitting your application forms, and completing all the prerequisites for the admission process. Among the items that you simply need are standardized test scores, visa documentation, etc.
Research (April – June)
One of the primary steps that you must complete is research and discover the simplest universities for January intake in Canada. List out the possible universities within the world that you simply would love to enroll in and pursue the program of your choice.
- List down the colleges and colleges where you want to review and pursue your course.
- If you’re confused about the selection after all, list down the possible degrees and programs on offer that’s just like the program you want to pursue in January intake Canada.
- While testing the courses, you need to also look out for the various scholarships and financial aids offered by the university, as in most cases, international education may be heavy on the pockets.
Prepare and Attempt Standardized Tests (July – September)
The scores of many standardized tests like SAT, IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc, are a vital admission requirement of the colleges abroad.
- Prepare and apply for various standardized tests, especially for IELTS or TOEFL, which are English Proficiency Tests that are mandatorily required by different universities.
- Some programs and universities require their applicants for january intake universities in Canada to own attempted other standardized tests like SATs, GMAT or GRE, among others as a part of their admission requirements. Therefore, undergo the admission requirements for the various courses you want to pursue within the University of your Choice within the deadline for January intake Canada.
- You will need time to organize for these tests as cut-offs and minimum score requirements of those tests are usually high. Therefore, brace one for the tests as early as possible and attempt the test as soon as possible.
- For IELTS and TOEFL, candidates must register for the test a minimum of a month before the test date.
- For GRE and GMAT, candidates must register a minimum of three months before the test date.
Complete the applying Forms (September – December)
After attempting the tests, you need to apply to the faculty or university you previously shortlisted. This could be completed before the stipulated deadline for January intake Canada as any application sent in after the deadlines are going to be rejected.
- Visit the official website of the University of your Choice and fill out the appliance form available under their admission page before the last date to apply for Canada January intake.
- Enter all the mandatory details and upload the mandatory documents, as specified by the admission committee itself.
- Ensure that the small print that you just have entered is correct and complete as per your knowledge. Rectify all mistakes and spelling errors which will have occurred during the appliance process before submitting the identical.
- Many colleges also require their applicants to submit letters of advice and essays together with the applying form. Therefore, take a minimum of 1 month to accumulate the letters of advice and structure and form the essays required by the university..
It’s Time to Reply (November – January)
After submitting the application forms with the required documents, the schools and January intake colleges in Canada will bear your form, SOP or Essay and every one other requisite, and classify you as qualified or unqualified for admissions. All communications altogether cases are going to be made through emails and other modes of communications that are registered in your name.
- Be vigilant and keep yourself updated on all communication modes, i.e. email and mobile phones.
- You will receive emails regarding your selection to the program and therefore the next steps you wish to require so as to complete the admission process. In these, you’ll be required to participate in Personal Interviews or Video Interviews.
- Keep yourself free and prepared to participate within the respective interviews and selection processes, as your performance in these parameters will determine your admission to the january intake courses in Canada and university.
- There will be a given deadline to reply to the emails that you just receive from the schools. Therefore, reply to those emails within the stipulated deadline.
Settle Your Finances (January- February)
You have participated within the selection processes and are selected for admissions to the January intake courses in Canada. It’s now time to finish the financial aspect of your admissions to the program and university. These financial decisions must be completed before you commence your studies within the respective universities.
- After sitting for the private Interview or Video Interviews, the schools will shortlist and choose the eligible students and communicate the relevant information to those selected.
- Selected candidates will receive formal communications, informing them of their selection and therefore the steps that they have to require so as to complete their admissions through a proposal letter.
- Candidates are going to be asked to pay a non-refundable deposit to the University, as specified by the university. The deposits are considered as a confirmation of the offer letter which you’re able to commence your education at the respective university.
- Here, candidates will again be required to substantiate their responses and pay the non-refundable deposit within a given deadline.
Apply for Visas (January 2022 – February 2022)
Once you have provided your confirmation to the university by paying the non-refundable deposit, it’s time for you to use it for Student Visas and other travel documentation processes. Each country requires international travelers to possess valid identification and travelling documentation to legally stay within the country.
- Apply for visas and complete the appliance processes.
- Visa applications and completion may take time, therefore, apply as soon as possible.
Popular Universities in Canada for International students
|Name of University/ College
|St. Clair University
|University of Saskatchewan
|George Brown University
|Vancouver Island University
Once all the documentation processes are completed, you’ll be ready for your higher educational degree in Canada. All you would like to try to do is collect the required documents, pack your bags and travel and commence your education within the destination of your choice.