Canada is well-known for its world-class education, a good range of top-ranked universities, excellent quality of life, cultural diversity, magnificent landscapes and its constant measures to welcome more international students. In this article, we shall discuss an efficient timeline that you simply can follow or take inspiration from, to start your process for applying to at least one of the highly reputed universities in Canada. With a spread of educational and professional requirements to satisfy, it always pays off to commence the admission process for Canadian universities almost a year before about to pursue education.
September intake in Canada, preferred among Indian students and also the first intake, begins within the month of September per annum. Let us scrutinize the various factors and elements that you just must consider and complete for an efficient, effective and stress-free admission processes to the University of your Dreams for September intake in Canada.
Colleges for September Intake in Canada
Here are the colleges available for September intake in Canada:
|Name of College/University||Location|
|University of Windsor||Windsor|
|University of Saskatchewan||Saskatoon|
|Vancouver Island University||Nanaimo|
|Kwantlen Polytechnic University||Surrey|
|University of Regina||Regina|
|Thompson Rivers University||Kamloops|
|Simon Fraser University||Burnaby|
|University Canada West||Vancouver|
|The University of British Columbia||Vancouver|
|University of Alberta||Edmonton|
|University of Waterloo||Waterloo|
Timeline for September Intake
The September intake in Canada will differ from university to college and even between programs. Therefore, before you start your application processes, take a look at the timelines posted by the University of your Choice. Once you’ve got information about the deadlines for September intake in Canada, you’ll continue with the remainder of the activities.
When to apply for September intake in Canada?
There are several pre-requisites that you simply have to complete so as to confirm you become eligible for enrolling within the course and university of your choice. Here is that the Timeline for September Intake in Canada.
Spread Out Your Options (April – August)
Research: The primary step to taking admissions to any university or institution is to research the schools and institutions of your interests.
- Find out which colleges offer the simplest bang for your bucks.
- Familiarise yourself with various bank loans and college scholarships available to you and shortlist the affordable and cost-effective options.
- In the end, if you’ve got some universities that attract you, download the admission brochures of every university or institution and browse through their offerings, facilities and future scope.
How To Go About The Exam Preparation? (September – November)
- Each university and institution in Canada offers admissions to prospective students if they attempted the mandatory tests.
- Among the tests, international applicants must attempt an English Proficiency Test through either TOEFL or IELTS.
- Other tests like GRE and GMAT are among the commonly accepted tests that students could also be required to try.
- In both cases, i.e. TOFLE/IELTS or GRE/GMAT, students must satisfy the admission requirements for the program of their choice as specified by the University.
- Few Universities may accept admissions supported TOEFL only, with regard to English Proficiency Tests, or require a compulsory GRE or GMAT score.
- For GRE/GMAT, it’s essential to register for the test a minimum of three months before the date of the test.
- For IELTS/TOEFL, it’s recommended to register one month before the test date.
- Universities require you to submit scorecards to check reports at the time of application, therefore, apply and appear for the test giving yourself enough time to receive the acceptable scores and certificates before the last date to apply for September intake in Canada.
- The advisable time to look for the tests is around September to October, within the year before applying for admissions.
Time for Applications (November – January)
- Once all of your documents are ready, you need to visit the websites of every shortlisted University of your choice and fill out the respective Application Forms.
- Each university will define their requirements which must be satisfied for your applications to be considered.
- Applications for the colleges become available over a year before the commencement date for the session. Therefore, you have got time to complete your applications correctly and completely and submit before the deadlines for September intake in Canada.
- You must request your professors and teachers to submit their letters of advice for you, as these are important in a number of the schools in Canada.
- Draft your Statement of Purpose (SOP) and therefore the essays, PRN by the University of your Choice. You’ll need time to properly structure the SOP and essays; therefore, being the first bird here will facilitate your out lots.
Replying To Responses from Universities (January – February)
- Once the applications are sent out, it’s now time for you to be attentive and appearance out for all college admission emails you receive from the colleges of your choice.
- Colleges and University Departments may channelize quite a few emails with regards to your applications. Be quick to reply to them last date for September intake in Canada!
- You will be asked to look for private Interviews or Video Interviews. Usually, the PIs are scheduled earlier on within the year. Therefore, keep yourself free during the primary few months of the year, i.e. January to March or perhaps April.
- Depending on your performance, Universities will channel acceptance letters, to which you’ll be required to produce your answers.
- The replies must be provided within the given deadline. As an applicant, you may be required to pay a non-refundable deposit as a confirmation of the offer letter.
Visa and Loan Application (March – April)
- Among the more important tasks remaining, settling your finances and applying for student loans is crucial.
- Research about the varied scholarships and student aid available through the University itself.
- Apply for the suitable student loans which will facilitate your conceal the schooling and accommodation expenses that you just will face during your occupy the university.
- The final key within the process is to organize and apply for Student Visas. It must be noted that student visas may take time, therefore, prepare and apply for student visas as soon as possible.
Thus, as per the timeline to start your applications for your Study in Canada process, you want to begin your processes a year before you truly start your undergraduate or postgraduate studies in Canada. The steps and processes involved in admission to a Canadian University are numerous and you may be required to be thorough in your methods.